To support my work at no extra cost to you book via these affiliate links!

Booking.com

Snowys Outdoors

Agoda

To support my work at no extra cost to you book via these affiliate links!

Booking.com

Snowys Outdoors

Agoda

Any suggestion for 4wd??

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello friends,

I am here take your help for my brother who is planning a holiday with his family to Sydney from Brisbane. So, he is in search to hire a 4WD in Brisbane which can have all the requirements that can comfort him and his family through his traveling. I have mentioned a few websites below which I could get while searching.

http://www.aussiecampervans.com/brisbane-4wd-hire.htm
      http://www.drivebeyond.com.au/
      http://www.wicked4x4rentals.com/4×4-hire-australia/4×4-hire-queensland/brisbane

Please, let me know your opinions on them and your suggestions if there is any other better than all these.

Thank you.

Belinda
      Keymaster

Hi David,

That sounds like a really fun trip for your brother, maybe you should sneak along in his suitcase 🙂

Are they looking to hire a 4WD with a rooftop tent /4WD campervan or are they going to be staying in hotels?

Is there anywhere particular they are hoping to visit on their trip as it will be important to go with a company that allows them on the specific roads, beaches or activities (e.g driving after dusk) that will suit them best!

Also if they would like to avoid paying a daily excess reduction get them to make sure they have travel insurance with a high excess cover as 4WD excess is generally higher.

If you can let me know a little more about their plans I can help you narrow down their choices!

Kind Regards

Bel
      book.seesomethingnew.com.au

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey Belinda,

Thanks for the kind reply and suggestion. Yes, I really wish I could sneak along in his suit case though 🙂

I would like to mention that my brother prefers a 4WD campervan as he is a bit adventurous by nature. So, could you please, suggest me the best one according to his family and travel needs? Also, it would be nice of you if you can suggest me from the sites I have mentioned previously in my forum reply. Thank you again.

Belinda
      Keymaster

Hi David,

It does depend on where your bother is travelling and the budget they have. If they will be driving mostly on bitumen with some graded gravel road the he can probably get away with an All Wheel drive from those listed on the ‘Wicked’ page you linked to.

Otherwise if your brother would like to drive on less well maintained roads or sandy tracks or the beach (again check where the 4WD is allowed to go) then I would definitely go with a true 4WD as the option for 4wd and low range will help them drive through tougher conditions!

Given your brother is travelling with his family, the only one that appears it has a twin cab that will fit everyone from the specific links you posted is ‘Drive Beyond’ however i’m sure ‘Aussie Campervans’ would have an option too.

I haven’t used any of these companies myself so I cannot recommend one based on personal experience, but but to summerise:
      -AWD are usually cheaper and a good option for limited offroad (permitted maintained gravel roads) driving
      – A true ‘4WD’ will allow your brother to go to more adventurous places and will also give them additional options such as high and low range 4WD which may assist them should they get stuck while 4WDing in the locations permitted by the company
      -If your brother is travelling with children he will need to look at one of 4WD/AWD you linked to with a twin cab if a ute or a second row of seats if a wagon so there is enough seats for everyone.

Also in addition to making sure his travel insurance covers his excess he should also ensure the company has valid road side assist in remote areas as it can be longer distances to the nearest mechanic!

I hope that has given you some useful information to assist you brother in planning.

Thanks for visiting See Something New Australian travel forum and if your brother has any more questions about places to visit in Australia please feel free to post them!
      Kind Regards,
      Bel
      seesomethingnew.com.au/forums

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join the Journey - follow us!

1,270FansLike
948FollowersFollow

Australia: The worlds best backyard