To support my work at no extra cost to you book via these affiliate links!

Booking.com

Snowys Outdoors

Agoda

To support my work at no extra cost to you book via these affiliate links!

Booking.com

Snowys Outdoors

Agoda

Cradle Mountain with kids

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Are there any easy walks for kids to do at Cradle Mountain?

Belinda
      Keymaster

Cradle Mountain has some beautiful easy walks for kids to do!

Walks for Small Children at Cradle Mountain
      For small children you can do the 10 minute Rainforest Walk which takes your to pencil pines. Its accessible from the visitors information centre.

Another option is the slightly longer Enchanted Walk, it’s on the parks list of ’60 Great Short Walks’ of Tasmania and takes you on a 20 minute circuit to see some of the habits in the area such as rainforest and moorelands as well as past waterfalls and pools.

Walks for older children and teenagers at Cradle Mountain
      My favourite walk is the Dove Lake Circuit (2 hours return) which takes you on a loop around the lake and takes in iconic scenery such as Cradle Mountain and the much photographed boat shed.

There are also longer options for older children who are keen bushwalkers!

Useful Information

To learn more you can visit the Cradle Mountain page on the Parks Tasmania website and you can download the park fact sheet.

Be aware that on most days when its busy you have to catch a bus around the park for a small extra fee. They introduced this to protect the fauna and minimise cars in the park.

This means you will need to be organised in making sure you pack anything you need for the day while away from the car or your room.

Booking a Hotel at Cradle Mountain
      The only accomodation inside the gates of the park is the Waldheim Cabins which you can book through parks (there is just 8 basic cabins so book in advance).

The most popular places to stay are the campgrounds and hotels near Cradle Mountain including the beautiful Cradle Mountain Lodge. Check them out at booking.com.

Cradle Mountain is one of my favourite places in Tasmania so I know you will have a lovely time 🙂

Bel
      book.seesomethingnew.com.au

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Advertisement

Join the Journey - follow us!

1,263FansLike
948FollowersFollow

Australia: The worlds best backyard